India’s largest copper smelter ignites toxic debate

Reuters: Housewife A. Puneeta was washing dishes on a foggy Saturday morning when suddenly her throat began to burn. Coughing hard and struggling to breathe, she rushed into the street to find her neighbours running, haphazardly, in panic. "First people said there was a gas leak, and then someone said Sterlite seemed to have opened up something, and that's the cause of the throat burning," said Puneeta, 32, who is married to a fisherman in this port town near the southern tip of India. She was referring......

Read Complete Article at Water Conserve: Water Conservation RSS News Feed

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply